The focus that is main biographical articles on females boffins within the STEM industry. Nevertheless, the main topic of your competitors is interpreted more broadly and additionally welcome writings about women that aren’t researchers but they are active in the technical and normal sciences (for instance, business owners in this industry); overview topics (such as for instance listings or articles about feamales in STEM as a notion).
If you should be not sure whether your article is entitled to the competition, consult the arranging committee at stemwikimedia.org.ua or compose to the Wikimedia Ukraine Project Manager conversation page.
- Ukrainian women in STEM
- Girls in STEM (articles about prominent schoolgirls and students that are female have achievements in STEM)
- Science promoters (articles about ladies who are recognized for marketing technology in STEM fields).
Champions of unique nominations will receive person prizes.
GOAL OF THE COMPETITION
Your competitors is targeted at making ladies’ achievements in technology more noticeable. The sciences, technologies and engineering are still male-dominated industries 1 in both Ukraine and around the world. So that you can deal with this instability which help ladies build professions in STEM, it’s important to disseminate home elevators ladies’ achievements into the sciences. Wikipedia, among the many information that is popular in the planet, is a vital platform with this.
Assist lessen the gender that is overall on Wikipedia, since articles about guys are about four times more many compared to those featuring females. For instance, within the Ukrainian type of Wikipedia, the sheer number of biographical articles about women is significantly less than 15percent associated with final amount of biographical articles k 3. We should alter that.
HOW EXACTLY TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up for Wikipedia (get your nickname) or indication in for your requirements.
2. Create or supplement an article on Wikipedia throughout the competition (you may use the recommended topics or select your personal in the basic theme regarding the competition).
3. Improve the content to meet up at minimum the fundamental quality needs:
- Articles should be initiated or enhanced by Wikipedia participants throughout the competition duration;
- The written text of articles might not contain device translation without previous proofreading;
- Articles or improvements should really be at the least 3500 bytes in proportions (on average 200-300 terms; the dimensions in bytes may be examined by pressing the View History tab towards the top of the content);
- Wikipedia is an encyclopedia! Consequently, syrian women all articles must be style that is encyclopedic
- Wikipedia has relevance requirements (in specific, particular requirements when it comes to prominence of boffins). The fundamental concept is that you could produce a different Wikipedia article about someone as long as there are numerous magazines about them in separate reputable sources;
- Wikipedia will not tolerate plagiarism! Therefore, articles should include text produced by the contestant and may not infringe copyright;
- Wikipedia will not enable research that is original! Consequently, articles should always be centered on information formerly posted in reputable sources (newspapers/magazines/books, etc. ) and may consist of links to those sources.
To learn more about just how to produce a Wikipedia article and guidelines, make use of the help web web page.
4. Post the line that is following the conversation web page associated with article:
(if you post a template into the article produced by another individual, modification when it comes to nickname associated with the article writer)
Articles without this template may never be contained in the competition submissions.
4.1. If article participates in unique nominations, you will need to also placed on the conversation page the template (for unique nomination «Ukrainian ladies in STEM») and/or (for unique nomination «Girls in STEM») and/or (for the unique nomination «Science promoter»).
5. The content can prior be improved towards the competition duration closing. The better article that is each with regards to completeness and quality during the time of the end of your competitors, the larger odds of winning you have got.
6. Repeat actions 2 – 5 as frequently that you can.
The jury is made of experienced Wikipedians (Wikipedia contributors) with expertise in STEM or gender studies, in addition to invited experts.
Brunei is really a scientist that is ukrainian the industries of biology in addition to reputation for technology, composer of about 20 Wikipedia articles on experts in Ukrainian.
Helixitta is really a scientist that is ukrainian the world of biology.
Krutyvuss – Associate PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Political Science, Law and Philosophy, specialist for the European Union Project «Equal possibilities and Women’s Rights in Ukraine» (2008-2011), implementer for the EU Erasmus+ Project «Gender Studies Curriculum: one step for. Peace and democracy in EU-Neighboring Countries with Different Traditions” (2015-2019).
Tohaomg is really a Bachelor in Computer Science, a factor to science and engineering associated subjects.
Nataliya Martynenko is really a scheduled Program Assistant on Youth and correspondence during the un Population Fund Representative workplace in Ukraine.
Tamara Martseniuk is just a sociologist, an expert in sex studies, a lecturer during the nationwide University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.